Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Art

Painting is a big part of what I do. I love Van Gogh, and Klimt, mainly and a few selected works by other painters. I've been working in oils for a few years now and really have taken a liking to the medium. The example here was an alla prima, done in about three hours one night.

I gravitate towards strong hues, the primaries quite a bit, and seem to always find a way to get into patterns and such. Sold "Ascent" (the painting depicted in my first blog post and also my first sale) to a doctor in Long Beach. I really need to get into a gallery. The business side of things does'nt really appeal to me. I just wanna create. I could probably spend more time refining things, but I like to keep it loose sometimes. My patterns are somewhat structured however. They take a bit of time. i'll post a couple of those paintings later on.