Monday, July 26, 2004

On the Road Again...

Never really got into Willie Nelson's music, but hey if the shoe fits... So my vanagon is running. The big noise was all the collapsed tappets. Every single one was devoid of oil. Pulled each one by hand and I'll be danged, they were all easily squashed. So my friend Donnie who sold me the engine, (who finally answered hi phone) said warm it up, and the engine will pump 'em up, maybe run it up to 4000 RPM, and sure enough after about 15-20 minutes of running, they became quiet. So now I am happy. Except for when my wife tells me she doesn't like my choice of furniture. Yeah , I found this cool folding chair, canvas over stell, nice and low, took it camping. Very comfortable. Hey it was free and looked brand new. So I have it in the house right now. But she keeps making comments about getting it out. Give it a rest already! I'm putting in my younger boys empty room. Yup 2 gone, 1 to go!! So now I can get ready to finish out the summer camping some more, start painting again, read a few books, which reminds me. Found out a friend of mine has decided she doesn't want to be married anymore. All of a sudden she wants out. Why? She says all her man wants to do is read books all the time. Hey, she knew that going in. But who knows? There's always more to the story. I hope things work out for them both.
Well, nuf said GO Giants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home