Thursday, February 16, 2012

tough love

To my favorite talk show host: "I love you man (not in the gay way...) but because you are brutally honest. Thanks for the Valentines Day Massacre. I suppose I had it coming, so I must say I am sorry. I was presumptuous to have thought to make statements or assumptions about the state of our nations economy and I should rather have phrased all those comments as questions, allowing you to comment as I so very much appreciate when you do so. Please don't take it out on all the baby boomers. My case is only a small sampling of the things that have happened to some of us. I have tried to be brutally honest in confessing the investing mistakes I have made in the hopes that you might give your highly valued opinion and perhaps share them with others and lend some insight to what we might do to remedy our present situation. You have stated that your objective is to "get you to retirement
I am 100% with you on that and even more importantly, I want us all to get beyond that concept and that state to the great beyond. But sometimes you just scare me I admit. Please don't eat me like a jelly donut. My objective; I want you to get to eternity and live there in paradise. It is the objective of every person who seeks security, whether it is in wealth, career, religion, music, saving the planet, whatever. The ultimate security lies beyond our narrow vision of the here and now, and way beyond retirement. You said a month or so ago that you need a "savior". You said you "hope there is eternal life" and that some folks seem to "know" there is. It's true man. Anyway, please accept this apology, I am only a student of the economy and in no way was I trying to advise you, except for the request that you comment on the concerns that I and some of my circle of friends have expressed. As I stated, some are bearish, some are bulls, and some don't give a shit. I am just trying to figure out where we are and where we're going. And I'd like to buy you a beer sometime, so just let me know. Hoo-Lee-Oh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home